Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple EPO 3.6 Servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

helpoutwithmcafee

Technical User
Mar 14, 2007
ZA
Hi Guys, hoping someone can answer this...
I would like to know the best practice solution to having a failover EPO Server if the master server crashes. I can cluster the server as described in the installation guide, but, what happens if there is a server with one IP and hostname (lets call it Server A) and another server with a different IP and hostname (Server B). If Server A crashes and it manages 1000 workstations, will I then have to deploy the agent from Server B to the 1000 workstations so they can be managed from Server B. I am asking the question because we already have a number of EPO Servers deployed internationally and would like to have backup servers in the case of a server crash. Hope this makes sense

Regards

If you're running true MS clustered servers (ver. 2K3 allows that only with Enterprise Server edition, at a premium Microsoft price...), the active platform of the cluster array always holds the same address, regardless of which physical platform it is. When the active cluster node fails over, the address is passed to the new active node.--The Bug Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back