Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

multiple emails if attachments and delivery set to a pst

Status
Not open for further replies.

maurella

Technical User
Mar 12, 2002
US
Some of the outlook users at my organization have set up their Outlook to deliver new messages to a local pst instead of the exchange server. Recently, if an email has an attachment, it will be continually delivered, as if the server is not finding out that the message was received by the client. That is, they will keep getting the message forever. The only work around is to reset the delivery to the default exchange or do the same through OWA.

My suspicion is that there is some sort of setting that has been imposed on the clients either through GPOs or sygate fireall settings.

Is anyone aware of a situation like this or have knowledge of what might be behind this, or have an idea of what I might be able to check for? Our IT groups have been unable to resolve this so far.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back