Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple e-mails on domain HELP!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
Dec 6, 2002
GB
I have a win 2k active directory domain with exchange 2k. i have a seperate server just running VOP3 for 1 user who wants to be known under a different domain for e-mail purposes.

E.g
Domain 1. Correctuser@correctdomain.com

Domain 2, Sillywomen@otherdomain.com

how do i keep her domain name and e-mail but have it stored on my domain in the active directory??

The easiest thing to do would probably be to add "otherdomain.com" to Exchange and then add that email address (as primary) to the silly woman's AD account, unless the otherdomain.com is an ISP or for some other reason you can't take total control of it.
-Steve

you need to buy that otherdomain.com name and make sure that name poits to your Email server ip address (or to other server that can tell where to route the message, so the Email server will pick it up). MAybe the domain name provider can give you that DNS entry (MX)(to link otherdomain.com with your IP address).
Otherwise, what would happen if someone in CHina send her an email to sillywoman@otherdomain.com? Where that email will go if there is no domain name registered in the internet with that name?
A+, MCP, CCNA
marbinpr@hotmail.com

Keep fighting for your knowledge!

I'm not very experienced in Exchange2k, but in 5.5 you used to be able to select the email addies that would email each individdual and manually set em, so as long as both domains are forwarding to the exchange server and the user in question has the email addy set up with the other domain in their also it should work. Not 100% with Exch2k tho.

hope that helps some

Marie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back