Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

multiple door phones to ipo? 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 7, 2020
CA
A customer has requested that they would like to have 1 button touch to reach the security desk.
I'd like to install 8 analogue door phones but am not sure the ipo will handle them. Help says the ipo can only handle 2 but I'm not looking for them all to open doors, just to contact the security desk. It seems to me the system should just look at them as analogue phones and I should be able to program the button to hot dial the security phone... but... i've been wrong before.
Hoping someone has done this before. Thanks

The door phone is mostly a standard phone (analog or SIP). So generally no worry to install multiple.

If you want to use the relay in IP500 to open the door with a phone button, then you are restricted to two.

If you open the door by answering the call and enter a code then it is not a problem.

IP Office remote service
IP Office certificate check
CLI based call blocking
SCN fallback over PSTN

I have put in hundreds of the Viking door phones. They can be programmed with a number or can be setup as hot dial in the IPO.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

ALGO Communication Products makes a lot of good door phone products using SIP, analog station, or analog trunk interfaces. They also make a sweet video door phone.

Viking has a controller that will have the relay for the door. The C2000-B will what you are looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back