Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple Domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiggerBrother

Technical User
Sep 9, 2003
GB
I'm a complete newbie when it comes to servers, and DNS, but very willing to learn.

I have a server set up at the moment, which has 2 domain names pointed to it. mysite1.com and mysite2.com. This server is fine, and works well. What I need is to replicate this on another server, and I don't know where to start.

What I would like is to have 2 domains pointing to the same files, but when you navigate to the files, the domain name doesn't change to the primary name. Is this a Parked Doamin, or would visiting a parked domain just change the URL to the actual server URL?

Forgive me if I sopund confused.

Many thanks

BB

I you have 2 DNS records pointing to the same IP address, the name won't change. You don't have to do anything special on the server since by default it will reply to every request that it receives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back