Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple Domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobez

IS-IT--Management
Apr 24, 2002
GB
Have a clinet who owns Mutiple companies, at present hes running 2 servers, but wants to have multiple domains hosted with the mail bounced to the maybe new mailserver.

Now i know u can have multiple domain hosted on your exchange box. But my question is, if in echange you can only set 1 as your primary, how would you go about letting the client mail from each domain.

So 1 email would read joe@here.com and 2nd email would read joe@there.com is this possible ? if so how ?

thanks

Receipt policy on Exchange server is what u need.

-----
Directory Services/Exchange Consultant

Tobez

Feeding off of benlu's post. you are best using the Recpient Policy on the Exchange Server. Here is how to configure

1. Logon to you exchange server and open up "Exchange System Manager"

2. Under Recipients\Recipient Policy Highlight DefaultPolicy and Right click and go to properties.

3. Go to the E-Mail Addresses (Policy) and click NEW

4. Click on SMTP Addresses and click on OK

5. Under the Address: enter you domain you wish to use ex. @mydomain.com. make sure you don't forget to use the "@" before the domain name. Click OK when finished

6. Make sure the SMTP box to the left of the name is checked Click OK when done

7. You will be prompted and asked if you want to update all corresponding recepient e-mail addresses to match these new addresses. You have to make a choice here what email address to use.

8. Review your MX records for here.com and there.com. whatever exchange server you use, you have to make sure the mail is sent to the right server.

Keep in mind that there are drawbacks to this configuration. You can only send mail as ceo@here.com or ceo@there.com not both.

Hope this helps

Treyze

Thanks Trey.

yeah i understand that bit,

So isnt there anywhere of doing send from all ?

Could he do a send on behalf of ?

Each mailbox can only have one primary address and that is the address used on the outbound mail.

To my knowledge there is no way of letting the user select the outbound address they want to send from.

See this thread:

For the only solution i know of to such a problem.

Mike

Remember - There is always another way..........

[yinyang]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back