Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple Domains on Exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

RKV

IS-IT--Management
Jan 29, 2002
US
I have 2 companies on the same W2K network. Company A and Company B. Company A is the primary compnayt and B is a sister company that shares our resources. We have accounts set up for them on our network and they Authenticate and DHCP from server A and also use our Exchange server. I recently upgrade their NT4 SBS to W2k running Active directory with their own domain in a new forest. They are set to log into their own domain on Server B. Here is my problem. I have a trust set but it seems to just break and I have to reset it every couple days. Also, I would like to keep them on Server A's exchange but I can't get them authenticated when they log into their own domain Server B using NT Authentication on Outlook. They have to manually enter their credintials to get logged on. What am I doing wrong??

I'll assume you're using Exchange 2K? If that's the case you're not doing anything wrong. E2K is limited to it's own Forest for authentication purposes. You'd have to create accounts for these users in the E2K Forest, and have them log into that domain....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back