Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple developers 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

OraMs

Programmer
Feb 12, 2000
US

We have an Access application that we would like multiple developers to work on while maintaining source control such as SourceSafe. Here are my questions:

is this possible with Access?
if so, how?

NOTE: We do not want to "split" the database and then import/export new or modified forms, reports, queries, etc.

Thanks in advance for your time.

I don't know much about it, but I do know that Visual SourceSafe is included as part of the MSOffice Developer's edition. After installing the VSS client files and the Access source code control option, you'll be able to access the source code control commands from the Access 'Tools' menu. You have to add a database to sourcesafe by choosing Tools, SourceSafe, Add Database to Sourcesafe. You then have to log in to the VSS system and you can "check out" Access objects. I've never used it, but this is my understanding of how it works. -- Herb

I'm curious to see if you got this working with Source Safe. I have a similar situation with multiple developers working on an access db. Once it's in VSS, can you check out individual objects like queries and reports?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back