Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

multiple datasets (sql server)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archon

Programmer
May 1, 2001
US
I have a report which summarises certain data. I would like to add a subreport that displays detailed data if the user requests a detailed report. At the moment the stored proc used to generate the summary creates a temporary table in order to ensure the data is static. This table essentially contains the data required for the detailed report. The procedure inserts into the table, then performs a "select-group by" for the summary. If I were to add another select to the procedure I would return two datasets in SQL server, but is there any way for me to use that second dataset (from the same procedure) as the data for the subreport?

If you have multiple selects in your sp, then the last dataset that your sp collects is the one that is passed and kept by SCR. Prior ones are passed, but discarded.
Your best bet is probably to use separate sps for both the container and sub reports. However, that is a guess, cause it really depends on the nature of the report and data structure. Malcolm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back