Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

multiple databases per database connection 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

aonefun

Technical User
May 21, 2007
US
How would I include more than one access database per Dreamweaver database connection? I am using dataassist by webassist to create a search application and it only allows to specify one connection. I need to keep my database separate because one of the databases is a mirror of a database in a different location and data gets backed up into it routinely.

thats correct, u have to link the databases.
usually not the best way to compile data....better optimize one db.
All the best!

:--------------------------------------:
fugitive.gif

All around in my home town,
They tryin' to track me down...
|MostarNetworks|

The linked tables are not recognized in the dreamweaver db connectionn.

right it would have to be hand coded and with use of stored querries/procedures stored in the main db. DW interface for behaviros would be limited and you would run of dsnless conn.
hand coding is a must and lots more work.
Despite the myth that access doesn't have stored procedures available for web it is NOT true.
Check this to get you started:
above all..why do you have mirror DBs? just do a backups of one db.
you can use macros to shedule stuff or AutoIt if ur lazzy and dont know macros - like me :)

Ultimatly consider MySQL but I can understand if u must stay with access. Access is good for R&D but not for busy sites.
Sorry if this doesn't help..it has been a while since I messed with this.
All the best!

:--------------------------------------:
fugitive.gif

All around in my home town,
They tryin' to track me down...
|MostarNetworks|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back