Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

multiple database connection - OPEN_FORM (..,SESSION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikkyu65

MIS
Jul 24, 2002
ES
I have a Form (FORM1) running against a database connection (conn1). This form calls another form (FORM2) with OPEN_FORM('FORM2', SESSION). FORM2 makes its own LOGOUT + LOGON because it runs in a different database connection (conn2). ¡But this LOGON changes the FORM1 connection too! Is it possible to have several forms working at the same time against different database connections?

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Enrique.

You may call other forms via HOST, but in this case you'll have to close them individually. Forms can not handle different connections, because CONNECT_STRING is an application property rather than form property .

If you need to make some batch processing on another database, you may also consider using EXEC_SQL built-in package.

Regards, Dima

Thanks Dima.

I think I still haven't understood well the meaning of SESSION in OPEN_FORM built-in.

Thanks again.

You may open multiple independent (though similar) connections to Oracle (Oracle sessions) with their individual transaction processing.

Regards, Dima

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back