Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

multiple counts one record

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave796

Technical User
Aug 21, 2005
im trying to get 2 counts onto one record in MS access I currently have 2 queries to generate the 2 counts and then join them but with to combine this all into one. The first query gets a count like this:

SELECT Count(sttdstud.student_id) AS [Actual Attendances], Mid$([SchoolDept],1,1) AS School
FROM (sttrgaos INNER JOIN sttdstud ON (sttrgaos.acad_period = sttdstud.acad_period) AND (sttrgaos.register_id = sttdstud.register_id) AND (sttrgaos.register_group = sttdstud.register_group)) INNER JOIN [School Groups] ON (sttdstud.register_group = [School Groups].register_group) AND (sttdstud.register_id = [School Groups].register_id) AND (sttdstud.acad_period = [School Groups].acad_period)
WHERE (((sttrgaos.acad_period)="0607") AND ((sttdstud.attendance_type)="PR"))
GROUP BY Mid$([SchoolDept],1,1);

this will output 2 column names Actual Attendance which is the count and School which is the unique school identifier. I then want another field with possible attendance in. This is the same query but attendance_type can equal PR AA or AB. How can I join these into one query

SELECT SUM(IIF(sttdstud.attendance_type='PR',1,0)) AS [Actual Attendances], Count(sttdstud.student_id) AS [Possible Attendances], Mid$([SchoolDept],1,1) AS School FROM (sttrgaos INNER JOIN sttdstud ON (sttrgaos.acad_period = sttdstud.acad_period) AND (sttrgaos.register_id = sttdstud.register_id) AND (sttrgaos.register_group = sttdstud.register_group)) INNER JOIN [School Groups] ON (sttdstud.register_group = [School Groups].register_group) AND (sttdstud.register_id = [School Groups].register_id) AND (sttdstud.acad_period = [School Groups].acad_period) WHERE (((sttrgaos.acad_period)="0607") AND ((sttdstud.attendance_type)IN ('PR','AA','AB'))) GROUP BY Mid$([SchoolDept],1,1);

r937.com | rudy.ca

Thanks thought there would be an easier way than what I was thinking of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back