Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple copies using synthetic full?

Status
Not open for further replies.

msleeper

MIS
Jan 29, 2003
US
I'd like to do synthetic full backups under NB6-MP4 for linux, and I'd like to make 2 copies of the synthetic full. However when I set up the policy, if I select the synthetic backup option, the multiple copies option becomes greyed out. Does anyone know of a solution to this problem other than purchasing Vault?
Thanks,
Mark

I don't know if you can do the inline option. I think that is only available if you purchase vault and I still don't know if it would even work with synthetic fulls.

Perhaps you could run the command line bpdulicate after the backup job finishes. You don't need vault for that. You could also run it from the GUI. It's under the "catalog" section.

Either case I think you have to do a duplicate vs the inline.

Bob Stump
Just because the VERITAS documentation states something as certain, that does not make it a fact and that is truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back