Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple copies of rpt of Access97 runtime? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leierjet

Programmer
Apr 3, 2000
CA
Access97 RUNTIME on a client's PC. There is a Print Label button on a form that uses the DoCmd.OpenReport method to call a query based rpt and prints a label for that record. How can I give the user the option of printing multiple copies of the label at runtime without doing a mail merge? I would like to have a box pop up and request the number of copies required from the user. Any ideas?<br>Thanks.<br>

The DoCmd.PrintOut is what you need to look at.<br><br>Use a variable to get the number of copies wanted from a TextBox and plug that in for the copies parameter. Have your print button call this code with the On Click Event. <br><br>DoCmd.PrintOut acPrintAll, , , , Copies<br><br>Bob Crawford <br>

Thanks for the reply Bob.<br>The Printout acPrintAll prints the open object which in this case is my form containing the &quot;Print Label&quot; cmd button - therefore it does not print n copies of the label but it does print n copies of the form. The onclick event of the cmd button calls a query based report to print the labels. Somehow I have to be able to let the user enter the number of copies and have it apply to the label print. If you have any other suggestions please let me know.<br>Thanks<br>Don

FYI on page 438 & 439 of Alison Balter's Mastering Access97 there are two examples you might use. If you can't find the Access97 book anymore, she may have included them in a later book. They are named &quot;Printing Multiple Labels&quot; and &quot;Determining Where a Label Prints&quot; and are in the Advanced Reports Techniques chapter.<br><br>The thing is when you use multiple labels, you can then specify the next time to print, the next blank label, rather than having to start a whole new sheet. My users liked to avoid the hassle of having to load a new sheet each time. I used these once with pretty good success. I had to do a bit of trouble shooting but it was pretty smooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back