Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple copies of emails when CC has more than one email address

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr486

Programmer
Jan 9, 2002
AU
Hi,

When someone sends an email to my organisation and includes multiple CC recipents in my organisation, the CC recipents will receive a copy for each recipent in the CC list.

So, if someone sends me an email and CC's two other people in my organisation I will receive 3 emails. The people in the CC will also recieve three emails.

if my description makes sense and you have a suggestion please let me know.

dr

Are you running SP4? Try reapplying. When did this start? Anything in the app logs?

I think i've left out a few details about my versions. I'm using exchange on SBS 2003. Ive applied all service packs for SBS and Exchange has SP2 installed.

There is nothing strange in the app logs. Still really stumped

dr486,

Did you ever get around this problem as I'm getting exactly the same with SBS 2003 sp2 installed.

No.

It is now getting worse.

When you include multiple email addresses in the To: field (from an external email address), multiple emails occurr to the recipients.

I'm buggered

You might get more replies if you post in the Exchange 2003 forum.

Cheers.

I have changed over the pop connector to Popcon thinking that it was a problem with distributing the email but this didn't work. So the problem must be in the exchange server itself. I wonder what we are doing differently that the rest of the world are not. Let me know if you find a solution

Try reapplying the latest service pack for your version of Exchange then latest service pack of Windows then do Windowsupdate. Then retest.

I've seen this before but can't recall solution :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back