Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple connections to AD Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Netwrkengeer

IS-IT--Management
Apr 4, 2001
US
How to authenticate to a Windows 2000 server in the Active directory as a different user.

i.e. I go to my users desk, they are logged into their 2000 workstation with their active directory credentials. They want data from a server they can not have access to. I'm the only person with access to this server. I want to log into this server with out loggin them off their workstation. or I need to install software from my software server into their local account from this server they can not access. How do I authenticate to this server with my account while they stay logged into their local profile

Thanks

You could map a drive to the location and specify other credentials.

try 'net use /?' for more information on the command. Be sure to disconect the drive after you are done.

/Siddharth

C:\>net use /user:Domainname\administrator x: \\server\share <password> /persistent:no
The command completed successfully.

That should be the correct syntax to map as the Admin....

Thanks,

Matt Wray
MCSE, MCSA, MCP, CCNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back