Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple connection requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

hsandwick

Programmer
Sep 10, 2001
US
Crystal Reports 2008
Oracle 10g
BOXI 3.1

The report comprises one main and numerous subreports. When logging into the report (the crystal report, outside the BOXI environment), there are multiple requests for permissions to connect. The first is the production box, that is expected. This is followed by 29 requests to access the a Business View or Universe in the BOXI enterprise, and then to log on to the Central Management Server for BO Enterprise. There is a Business View that appears in my Database Expert Data Connection history, but I do not use this Business View in the report, nor can I remove it from the history.

When I look at the Data Connection | Create New Connetion | Repository - I see this Business View listed 30 times.

We have two firewalls in our environment, one involves tunneling. Do you think this might be a permissions issue, or do you have any other suggestions?

Note, there are 29 logon requests, but over 140 subreports, so clearly there is no relationship there.

Thank you.

Are you using cascading dynamic prompts anywhere in the report? If so, that could by the cause of the issue.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Hi, hilfy:

I am using dynamic parameters in the main report, but no cascading dynamic parameters in it or the subreports.

Your suggestion got me thinking, though, and some more research led me to believe it must be to do with the system setup and the firewalls.

When I run the report on my local version of Crystal, the contentions exist. Importing the report into Enterprise - so far, at least - has led to success this morning. Since there was nobody at the client site with the knowledge about the environment to ask, it was a case of trial and error.

I've never seen this behavior before; normally it wouldn't matter whether the report was run locally or in enterprise; I think it's the double firewall scenario.

Thanks for sending me in the right direction!

There should be a check box in Business view manager to not to prompt that msg every time. You should select that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back