Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple complex filters

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulette33

Technical User
Mar 15, 2002
US
I have a report that brings in This Year's Revenue and Last Year's Revenue and then does a comparison between the 2. The report is laid-out as a crosstab. In the comparison section, I am also calculating a YTD difference, which is bascically a running sum of the difference. The final output of the report is to only display data where the comparison (comp revenue) or the year to date comparison (YTD comp) is a negative value. In my report, I've created a complex filter on the comp reveue. However, I can't filter the YTD comp. I get an error message that says "Cannot use aggregates in complex filters". Any ideas on how to get around this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Build an intermediate variable.

Flag = if (<YTD Comp> < 0) then 1 else 0

Then do a ranking on one of your dimensions and base it on <Flag>. Show the top 1. It will show the top 1 and all ties, so you should see exactly what you want.

Steve Krandel
Knightsbridge Solutions
formerly BASE Consulting Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back