Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple ComboBoxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omono

MIS
Apr 20, 2001
US
I have a single form with three ComboBoxes. The form displays the UserName, Company and Department. There is a table for each field - TblUser, TblCompany and TblDepart. I want the UserName to be the main source - when a user is selected from the drop-down list the appropriate company and department is pulled into the other combo boxes. I have been unsuccessful trying to manipulate three data controls to achieve my goal, so I have no code to post. If I use the data control bound to the TblUser, the form works like I want it to. But when I use the UserName ComboBox, only the UserName changes. Eventually, I would like to be able to edit the User's company and department in the event they are transferred and also add a new user. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

load list 1 with the related company
load list 2 with the related departments

combo1_Click
list1.listindex=combo1.listindex
list2.listindex=combo1.listindex
End Sub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back