Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple Columns per Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

rikkiprince

Programmer
Aug 8, 2003
GB
Good afternoon all,

I hope this isn't an obvious question, as I have searched the site and the help file with no luck.

My list of output is quite narrow and it would make sense to have two or maybe three of these lists on one page. How on earth do I do this in Crystal Reports? Why can it not be as easy as in Microsoft Word or something similar?! Oh well, I hope someone can help me.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Rikki Prince

Right click the details section, select format section and choose the "format with multiple columns" checkbox.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Exact Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

Ahhhhh, simple enough. Silly me eh. But now to confuse things: how about if I have 2 details rows? I have an attribute (the person's guest to this event) that may or may not be there, so I have a 2nd detail row which contains this attribute so I can suppress it if it is blank (ie. if they have no guest).

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Rikki Prince

Ignore that - I worked it out. I should play about with it a bit before asking questions! At least people seem to be very good natured in here.

Thanks!

Kind regards,
Rikki Prince

This is getting silly!

Any idea how to get a group to stay together over a column? It works with the end of pages - the group headings will roll over the page if there's no room for the rest of the group information on that page - but I have some headings that are at the bottom of one column, with the details at the top of the next column.

Cheers,
Rikki

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back