Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple collect digit after announcement 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

perchanski

Technical User
Jul 6, 2009
GB
Hi All
I havent got a bit of kit I can try this on for a few days, was wondering whether you guys could help. I have a customer who had an avaya and wants this in his call centre.
A welcome to customer services announcement
collect 1 digit after ann xxxx
collect 1 digit after ann yyyy
and so on for about3 more times
Then route of to a seperate skill for each depending on digits

My thing is that if he has the multiple collect steps, will the call hang for ages in the vector or go straight to the skill with the first collect received
This chap for some reason has got a different anouncement for each digit collected, if he had it all in the first announcement no problem but thats the way he wants it, I'm not too sure if this a a good way until i try it out, but look fwd to any insights
Thanks

perhapski you should explain to him that testing his programming may validate how it will work, or not. Let him decide.

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

40 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 30 years and counting
[URL unfurl="true"]http://bshtele.com[/url]

Hi All, managed to get a test going, It dont work well at all, so dont know what he had before but it must have been rubbish, you have to wait for all ann to be played before selecting digits, then you must be quick other wise it drops you out, or routes to number if no digit dialled.
Cheers all

Ok I just wrote up a simple call flow for a vector. Let me know if this helps:

01 wait-time 2 secs hearing silence
02 collect 1 digits after announcement 1030600 for none
03 goto step 7 if digits = 1
04 goto step 12 if digits = 2
05 goto step 2 unconditionally
06 stop
07 collect 1 digits after announcement 1030601 for none
08 goto step 15 digits = 1
09 goto step 18 digits = 2
10 goto step 2 unconditionally