Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

multiple calls into the Mitel 5000

Status
Not open for further replies.

caroln

Programmer
Nov 14, 2015
CA
using L/S trunking into the system, going from the call Route table> Hunt group> to ext.
only 1 call at a time can be in place. the display on reception phone will say, 1 call waiting. Problem is the only way to pick up second call is thru a reverse transfer button.
(which I can't seem to get to work), Manually no problem, but when I program a speed dial button (*42000), I get "use special key for feature codes"
this all seems Mid evil to me. reception should be able to take multiple calls. It seems that the hunt group messes with things. though you need the hunt group for the timers, to go to AA(CRA).
Thoughts?

How many LS trunks? Is the receptionist's set the only one answering the phone?

If you don't have too many lines, you might try to assign the trunks to keys on her phone...or you might dump her intercom key and assign a couple of call keys to her phone instead, that should also allow her to pick up another ringing line after she put the first one on hold...

Jim

"If I had known it would turn out like this, I would have become a locksmith" Albert Einstein

NCSS, NCTS, NCTE, CS1000E, Avaya IP Office, Mitel 3300 Basic & Advanced, 5000, SX200, NuPoint

If you want to turn off the "Special key" required for entering a feature code. There should be a flag under the system flag to turn it off.

If you are ringing to an UCD hunt group (Not an ACD) you should be able to take multiple calls. Check the hunt group flag to allow camp on.

If it is an ACD group you may want to take a look at the system flag for wrap mode for holding ACD calls.

Just my 2 cents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back