Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple buttons

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggie5260

Technical User
Mar 8, 2009
MY
Hi ALL,

I need your expert advice on how to use multiple buttons using Dreamweaver CS3 ASP JavaScript. Example is I have 3 buttons and when click in the webpage, it would direct to another webpage. Do I have to use any script to make this happened?

Your guidance is much appreciated. I am a beginner and any simple tutorial link/website also will be very helpful

Thanks,

Regards,
K.Kethies

Well depends on what you mean by Button.

If you mean a form button such as the ones used in login forms the yes you may need a script.

If you mean links that are styled to look like say a Widows Button or a Mac glass pill styled button then no you don't need a script.

----------------------------------
Phil AKA Vacunita
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Hi Vacunita (Phil),

Thanks for the reply. Yes i am using the button is a form. I formerly only use link to open another webpage. But thought wanna try something new like button. That why i post this thread....Guess i need script for this......will try to google first. Anyway thanks again.

Regards,
K.Kethies

Its basically quite simple. Though you'll need Javascript.

Basically you'll want too look into the window.open or the window.location functions in Javascript, and the onClick event for the button element.

Code:
<input type=button value="Open Page" onclick="window.location='path/to/other/page.html';">

Phil AKA Vacunita
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back