Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

multiple Batch Process script files - unopen source files

Status
Not open for further replies.

paperlion

Programmer
Oct 23, 2003
US
Am new to batch processing in Fireworks 8, but it seems this should be easy - but it's alluding me...

I want to automate the process of resizing groups of files from different folders.

I used Batch Process to select all files in folder 'A', then spec'ed the parameters as to size and output folder, etc.

Saved this as a script (both in Configure > Commands) and in My Documents, both for possible future use, then when back to Batch Process and successfully ran this as a routine -not as a script, to test it.

Since it took close to an hour, and I have several other folders of files just like these, I thought I would just create script files using Batch Process for these other folders (most have different resizing parameters), then run them overnight together from a batch file of some sort.

Can't seem to figure out how to do this though. With close to 1,000 files in each of these folders, I can't really open all the source files when running each script -let alone when running them at the same time.

When running Batch Process from the menu without a script file the source files are not opened one at a time, this doesn't work by default when calling the script files - running from the Command option or Windows command line, Fireworks prompts for the open file to use?!

Even when saving these script files in the Command folder and seeing them in the drop-down, they don't show with the other, default commands in Batch Process.

Even taking only about 2 seconds to resize most of these files when using Batch Process, 30,000 would best be done overnight!

It only takes about about 20 seconds to create the script files in Batch Process, specifying even 1,000 files or more in each one. Now to just run them all together unattended!

Anyone have an idea as to how to get this going?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back