Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple backround images

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwebbo1

Technical User
Jul 11, 2002
US
Hoping this is the right section for the question.
I am interested in changing out background images each time I click a navigation element. The thing is, is that this is a JScript, Jquery one html file for the whole site. On the "home" page, there is a numbers list you can click on to select different bg image to have for the rest of the site. I would like to have the images change to relevant bg images based on the section of the page that is clicked.
Here is the link: - Any advice would be great, thanks!

so you just have a horizontal content slider set up that the navigation controls.

you could set up different classes for each section and change the body class with jscript where each different class would call a different BG.

However you have another challenge. You are using a bg image size jquery plugin as well.

why dont you take a look at the hooks on the #'rd section that controls how the BG changes and try and adapt that into the navigation?

Either way you are using many plugins and wanting to alter how plugins work while still maintaining functionality of the other plugins is best left to an expert in JQUERY. I am not an expert.

Darryn Cooke
| Marketing and Creative Services

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back