Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple Attendants and Attd Coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.

ralexz

Vendor
Jan 14, 2004
US
Here is my challenge. Three business entities. Two 8100's DCS'd together. Three attendant consoles.

Mgmt desires the following. Calls come auto attd for Company A/B on 8100 #1. Press 1 for Company A or 2 for Company B. Secondary Auto Attd now for company A, caller presses 0 and should go to Operator A. Likewise for company B to Operator B.

Company C has seperate Auto Attd on 8100 #2 and calls should go to Operator C.

So far so good.

Next Operator A needs to go on break. Now Mgmt wants all Operator A calls to cover to Operator B. OR If Operator B goes on break, calls go to Operator A.

In addition, If Operator C goes on break she can cover to Operator A or B (or both perhaps).

Features I am trying to get a better grasp on are Attd Groups, Attd Backups, Back-up or second attendants, Attd Vectoring including q-ing and what causes a q-failed condition or even Centralized attend service feature.

Documentation that I have been able to ascertain seems to be shallow at best.

I would greatly appreciate any direction/suggestions you have to offer.

If you do a queue to attd-group, the call will queue to the attendant group (I'm not kidding :) ).
Nothing strange here, BUT keep in mind it will queue to the attendant group of the TENANT of the originally called extension (of course this applies only if you have multi tenant enabled).

Also, when the system is in night-service (and there's no night attendant console), the queue will fail.

It will also fail if the call has been queued before (however I don't understand why Avaya implemented it that way):
"Calls can exist in only one type of queue, which can be an attendant group, and individual attendant, or a hunt queue, and cannot be moved from one queue to another. For
example, if a call is queued to the attendant group and a subsequent command attempts to queue the call to an individual attendant or hunt group, it is considered a failed queue attempt."

and

"Once a call is queued to the attendant group, individual attendant, or hunt group, any attempt to queue the call to another type of queue is considered a failed queue attempt.
Multiple attempts to queue to attendant groups or individual attendants are also considered failed queue attempts. For example, if a call is queued to attendant X and a subsequent command attempts to queue the call to attendant Y, the second queue command fails."

Hope this helps. Attendant vectoring can be tricky, especially if you have a multi tenant switch like I have at my current project :-( .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back