Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple AOL photo attachments wind up being the same photo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olliecat

IS-IT--Management
Oct 18, 2001
US
I have a user who insists on using AOL to do his e-mail. When he selects multiple photos (by holding down the control key and selecting several photos)and then selects "send via e-mail," his AOL starts up, the files attach (after zipping) and he sends the mail. When the mail is received and the photos unzipped, the individual photo names are different (the ones previsously chosen) but all the photos are the same! He is running AOL7 with WindowsXP on a Sony Vaio laptop computer.

Has anyone every heard of this? I have looked all over the web for anything on this but have found nothing.

Thanks in advance.

I have heard and experienced of all sorts of problems on how AOL handles attachments. It is strictly an AOL issue. It's one of the reason I don't care much for their service.

If your clients wants real e-mail they should look at another ISP than AOL. joegz
"Sometimes you just need to find out what it's not first to figure out what it is."

Thanks! I tell them that but they don't listen to me . . .!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back