Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple alternate drill-downs in a dimension

Status
Not open for further replies.

doddy

Technical User
Mar 28, 2001
AU

Greetings from sunny Adelaide, Australia!

Is it possible to have multiple alternate drill-downs in a time dimension?

We presently use a time dimension with a primary drill path of YEAR/QUARTER/MONTH/DATE, with an alternate path of WEEK/DATE with the WEEK set to Week Starting Friday.

We would like to create another alternate drill path of WEEK/DATE, but for a Week Starting Sunday to satisfy some other users' reporting needs.

Transformer seems to let me create a second alternate path, but as I fill in the Source-General-Time-OrderBy-Description tabs to define it, the whole application just ups and leaves, closing down completely. I have attempted to do the tabs in a different order, OK'ing and saving in between, but I can't seem to populate the whole set of tabs without it crashing. Once it even had all important tabs populated, but crashed as I OK'd the Description entry. On that occasion it locked the model up completely and it couldn't be re-opened (showed a TR3110 error I think it was).

I guess I need to know whether Transformer can support this type of multiple drill path (where two of the paths are very similar) and if so whether I'm just going the wrong way about it.

We're using Transformer 7.0.705.0-0

Regards,
Doddy

Doddy,
Having been curious about your problem, I replicated it in 7.3.614 and I'm sorry to say I had the same result.
A work-round is to add a level above week (eg month) in one of the alternate drill downs and then suppress it. The users won't see this level.
lex

soi la, soi carre

Hi Doddy

Unfortunately I've just upgraded from Version 7.0 to the latset version 7.3 so I can't test your problem with the same vesrion.

Transformer is capable of having multiple alternate drilldowns in V7.3 and I'm pretty sure this functionality is available in your version as well.

This could be a bug in your release so I would look to upgrade to alater vesrion if possible.

HTH

Gary Parker
MIS Data Analyst
Manchester, England

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back