Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple AL (AutoLink) Tables - anything new?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vlfox

Technical User
Oct 13, 2005
US
We're using ADP Enterprise, Reportsmith 4.0 - SQL.

Over the last 2 years since I originally asked about this, has anyone made any great discoveries they can share regarding the need of 2 and/or more AL tables and how to make them play nicely together to get a complete picture in 1 report?

My current issue is the need to obtain batch information regarding adjustments/voids/corrections, but my data is across 3 AL tables: AL_PDE_DED, AL_PDE_HRS_ERN, & AL_PDE_MEMO.

As I realize (again) that 1 report is not real likely, then I think I'll just take all the data out separately and merge in Excel, but I don't have a good key column for all since not all show check numbers (yet).

ThanX for all the great info !

When looking for batch information you might also include PS_AL_PAYDATA_TRAN and PS_AL_PDE_TAX. Most clients tend to link tables on FILE_NBR and PAYGROUP, however there's also ENTRY_NBR, PAY_NBR, and BATCH_ID available.

Basically the first five columns of those tables are options.

John Sakalauskas
VantageIS,LLC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back