Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple ActiveX Viewers on Single HTML page

Status
Not open for further replies.

AA2K5

Programmer
Apr 24, 2002
GB
Hi,

I'm trying to use the ActiveX viewer for Crystal Reports 11 through classic ASP pages. I can use the viewer for a single report without any problems.

However what I want to do is have two ActiveX report viewers on a single page and split the page using frames.

I'm using the ASP sample pages from the Crystal Reports website (AlwaysRequiredSteps.asp, SmartViewerActiveX.asp, RDCrptServer11.asp etc.). I think these create several session objects for each report you display eg. oRpt.

Now if I try to use the same RDCrptServer11.asp page (the ASP that creates the report pages) for both reports, then I'm reusing the same Session objects for each report and so the same report gets displayed in both viewers.

I guess what I'm asking is whether anyone knows an easy way to accomplish this other than to create another RDCrptServer11.asp which uses different session variables i.e oRpt1 instead of oRpt etc.

I don't know if anyone has any experience of this and I probably haven't been very clear with my description so if anyone wants any more info. just let me know.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back