Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple acounts: Win 2000 different users and In boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

smithpd

Programmer
Jul 8, 2002
US
This recent thread describes multiple accounts through the menu tools / personalities.

thread13-24286

1 have used those personalities, but as I recall this method works only when one user has different mail servers he wants to check. All the messages get put into single In and Out boxes, which is OK if there is only one user.

I would like to set up Eudora in a Windows 2000 system with multiple users so that when each user logs in he has his own separate In and Out boxes. How can I do that (if it is possible)?

With Eudora 5.0 when you install it in win2k, it ask you if you would like to install it for one or more users. If you chose more user, it will install the mailbox in Documents and settins/username.

Ah, yes. Thanks Alboy. I remember that now. My problem with that approach was that I wanted Administrator and myself (two different users) to share the same mailboxes, and the only convenient way I could find to do that was to select an option that stored the Eudora files in a specified folder that, as a result, was shared by everyone. So, I guess sharing by some users and separation from others are conflicting requirements and there may be no way to do that, unless someone has a brilliant idea.:)

BTW, that sharing approach worked, but it had one drawback. Everytime Administrator opened Eudora a certain unnecessary file was created and protected with admin priveleges, and I could not run Eudora from my own account because I could not read the file. I fixed that by having Administrator run Eudora from a BAT file that deleted the offending file afterward. Not very nice, but it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back