Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multipla office VPN with Watchguard

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayhill

MIS
Mar 12, 2002
US
Greetings all,
I have a Watchguard Firebox II in my main office and SOHO's in five of my branch offices. I have IPSEC VPN's configured between all of the SOHO's and the main office. This works very well and the branches can see the parts of the main office's network that I allow. I'd like to move one step further and allow the branches to see each other through the tunnels however I'm unsure how to go about it. The advice I've gotten from the folks at Watchguard is to buy their VPN Manager software to accomplish this. Does anyone have experience with the type of configuration I'm talking about? Also, has anyone used the VPN Manager software and is it worth the $$$?
Thanks in advance,
Jason

I do not have experience with this type of configuration via VPN, but I have heard very good things about the VPN Manager in cases like this. It is probably worth the $'s in your case.

I've been advised by our supplier, that VPN Manager is something of a double-edged sword. Whilst it probably does make this kind of configuration much simpler, you do loose some of the control over your firebox infrastructure.

Also, do your remote offices have fixed external IPs?

In relation to the IPs - I do have a small subnet of static IPs for each of the offices.

Then VPN Manager would certainly be feasible.

My only concern is with the capabilities of the SOHO boxes themselves. We use Firebox SOHOs to connect to our Firebox 3 and as far as I'm aware they can only be configured with one VPN gateway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back