Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

multipart email in ASP

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobetko

Programmer
Jan 14, 2003
US
Does anybody have any experince in creating and sending multipart emails using ASP?

this is the format for multipart message:
Code:
To: &to&
Subject: &subject&
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----$UNIQUE_STRING"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------$UNIQUE_STRING
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

&plaintext&

------$UNIQUE_STRING
Content-Type: text/html; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

&htmltext&

------$UNIQUE_STRING--

It looks simple, but what to do next, how to create email out of that and send it to somebody.

Thanks

Do you mean you want to know how to send an email that has both a plain text version as well as an HTML version? (Email clients are supposed to choose the version they can understand.) I recommend you use ASPemail from to do this. This component has a free version, and they make the process easy.

Yes, exactly that....

I'm trying to achieve multipart emailing without third-party components. I'm not sure server's admin will want to install this component on the server.
There must be way to send above code directly to SMTP server or something like that.

I found zilion places where multipart emails are fully explained, but couldn't find one where it tells you how to actually use it.

But, anyway, I'll see what admin has to say.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back