Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

multip rows merging in in single record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

azeemkhn

IS-IT--Management
Jan 15, 2020
QA
[URL unfurl="true"]https://res.cloudinary.com/engineering-com/raw/upload/v1579101309/tips/query_bkcbws.xlsx[/url]

in one table, there are below two records in separate lines. I need to get result in single line. Asset code is identical in both lines, rest data different. I want to move 2nd line Trndate and Next qty columns to first line.

Asset code TrnDate Previousqty Nextqty
4042 12.01.2020 06:46:47 603
4042 12.01.2020 09:19:25 600

Please guide, how Can I transform above two separate rows in single line record as per below.

Asset code TrnDate Previousqty TrnDate Nextqty
4042 12.01.2020 06:46:47 603 12.01.2020 09:19:25 600

Note: please click on link given on top for more clarity. Much appreciated in advance.

Use the Next() function. Example Next({Table.Field}). A couple of wrinkles 1) You will both rows in the report for Next() to evaluate properly, but you can conditionally suppress the details section with a formula like:

Code:
 OnLastRecord

2) Next() by definition cannot evaluate on the last record of the report, so your formulas using Next should look like this:

Code:
 Not OnLastRecord
Next({Table.Field})

Macola Software Veteran and SAP Business One Consultant on Training Wheels

Check out our Macola tools:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back