Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multimedia Audio Devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

qfkeon

Programmer
May 29, 2001
US
Within the multimedia settings, all contents of the Audio tab are greyed out. I have installed multiple sound cards, and no luck. The cards are recognized as working in the device manager, but I have no sound. Please advise. Thank you.

qfkeon:

Start>run and type in dxdiag and press enter. Choose the sound tab. This is a diagnostic tool that might help you find your problem.

Thanks. Interesting tool. However, I do not have a sound tab on the problem machine.

try removing the Sound card device ... reboot
it should demand the drivers ... chose "Have disk..." and show it the drivers.

PS. verify in your BIOS if PNP OS is enabled.
and look at the boot results (showed after booting) if your sound card was detected by the BIOS and has been assigned an IRQ / DMA

Thanks. I already tried a re-install of Windows 98 over top of what was there, and it seems to have corrected the problem.

I use a Creamware card and a Sounblaster in the same machine with no problems ,my Creamware drivers are greyed out too but they still work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back