Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multilink Group Locking Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioX

IS-IT--Management
May 15, 2001
US
I have a multilink group that just randomly locks up and cannot figure it out to save my life. Each T1 belonging to the multilink shows up/up
The multilink itself shows up/up it just will not pass traffic

A show interface shows LCP open and multilink open. Here is a sample of the config

interface MultilinkX
ip address xx.xxx.xx.xxx 255.255.255.252
ppp multilink
no ppp multilink fragmentation
multilink-group X

interface Serial5/0/1:0
description
bandwidth 1544
no ip address
encapsulation ppp
tx-queue-limit 26
down-when-looped
ppp multilink
multilink-group X

IOS is 12.2(15) Any tips/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. This just started happening so I am stumped

Thanks

Does this router connect to another device\firewall? If so what make and model. Also what model is this router and how much flash and ram is in it?

The about router is a cisco 7507 with 256mb ram

The router it connects to is:
Cisco 7206
12.2(15) IOS
256mb ram

interface MultilinkX
ip address xx.xxx.xx.xxx 255.255.255.252
no cdp enable
ppp multilink
no ppp multilink fragmentation
multilink-group X

interface Serial1/0:0
no ip address
encapsulation ppp
down-when-looped
no fair-queue
no cdp enable
ppp multilink
multilink-group X

Thanks

I just took a look on Bug Tracker. There are 60 bugs related to PPP multilink in 12.2(15), and there are 28 in 12.2(15)T. In addition, there are a lot more bugs related to PPP, in general, that don't specifically relate to PPP multilink. I would recommend upgrading to the latest release in the train you're using.

For example, if you're using 12.2(15) then you should upgrade to 12.2(34a). If you're using the T train then you could try 12.2(15)T17. Better yet, if you're using the T train you should upgrade to the latest mainline release of 12.3, which is currently 12.3(19).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back