Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

multiline textbox height

Status
Not open for further replies.

jizviz

Programmer
Oct 13, 2002
US
I would like to be able to allow a multiline textbox's height to increase automatically based on the amount of text entered. Please HELP!
Thanks!

TextHeight might be a starting point. How far have you got with this problem?

JUST STARTED. I CAN SET THE HEIGHT OF THE TEXTBOX PROGRAMATICALLY BY ASSIGNING THE VALUE BUT I WANT IT TO INCREASE AUTOMATICALLY AS THE AMOUNT OF TEXT INCREASES

Fine. So now look at TextHeight as mentioned in my first post and see where that gets you. Note that it isn't a perfect solution as it needs some more work, but let's see how far you get before you get stuck again, and then we can help further

Jizviz - just keep in mind that you have to allow for different widths of letters and also if you are going to allow users to start a new line or lines when they want.

Thanks for the info. I have to get this done asap and don't have alot of time for research. Could someone please provide a quick example. I would be very appreciative!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back