Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiline Text Properties Fatal Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

SgtPepps

IS-IT--Management
May 1, 2002
GB
Hello, I've a user how can replicate the following error everytime, please can anyone let me know if they have had the issue before and if you know how to resolve it.

AutoCAD LT 2004, Windows 2000 SP4:

Everytime a block of text is selected and then the properties button is pressed, the following error is displayed:

Fatal Error, Hung Application. Can't keep executable running. ACOPM.arx.

This error happens on every drawing we have tried, some drawn in older versions of AutoCAD and others not. The PC has had no changes made to the hardware/software set-up recently and previously didn't cause this error.

Thanks In Advance

Mike

Hold the Wheel and drive

Mike,

This sounds like ACOPM.ARX is corrupt or missing. Best bet, uninstall, and purge your registry of any Autodesk/AutoCAD LT notations, and then reinstall the product. With any Autodesk product, it's not a matter of "if" you'll have to reinstall, it's a matter of when you'll have to reinstall. You can of course always try the disk repair software - Windows, Norton, or any others you may have or use, I have had limited success but usually wind up reinstalling the whole 9 yards. Even better is if you can rebuild the machine from the ground up.

HTH
Todd

Thanks Todd, thats what i thought i may have to do. Only problem is that this particular PC always has some unexplained issue with AutoCAD LT 2004. Other PCs from that same batch don't, i can't think of any hardware issue that might cause it.

Cheers

Mike

Hold the Wheel and drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back