Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

multidimensional array

Status
Not open for further replies.

matrixindicator

IS-IT--Management
Sep 6, 2007
BE
Hi, ones again,

I am writing a function and I think I can solve this by a twodimentional array, but I can't see clear.

I have a table feeding the array along a recordset. In this table two columns Column1UseToCompare and Column2ToReplace

Code:
ColumnToRead         Column1UseToCompare Column2ToReplace
"Mark is a lawyer"   "LAWYER"            "Lawyer"

Can I put two columns in one array ? And how to mention if LAWYER is detected in ColumnToRead then replace with array( column2)

Dim myArray(5, 1 To 7) As String

Arrays are zero-based. The previous is a 2-dimensional with 6 elements (0-5) in first and (1-7) in second dimension.

For your "detective" use the InStr Function

ok about InStr, I use this.

But confusion about the columns and rows, is 5 = rown on and 1 TO 7 Row ?. I try it, work it out.

oeps a bit to fast, if you don't know in advance how many row how to declare .

Code:
Dim Ca (i, j) as String

How would you represent 11 dimensions of an array in our 3D world?

myArray(2, 3) is an element of the array.

Is there a good stuff on ms access array development on the net or a thread on tek-tips ? I googled and searched already.

In help check Dim , Redim, LBound, UBound for multydimensional variables (=Arrays)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back