Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multicasting on Black Diamond 8810

Status
Not open for further replies.

Print420

Technical User
Jun 25, 2013
US
I have a BD8810 linked to a Juniper core and I am experiencing multicast issues. I have checked and the core has PIM sparse enabled on all vlans affected. Multicast seems to be working when the server and client(s) are connected to the same switch, in this case, the BB8810...but is much slower than the Cisco 4506 which is in the same telecom closet. MC will go without issue on the Cisco from another building. I have found that when start another ghost session that the BD seems to buffer at a gig for about 6 minutes, then drops to between 500-600 mbps which in our case is slow compared to before we installed the Black Diamond...any suggestions?

Hello, since you are running in sparse mode have you verified that the rendezvous points are configured correctly? It sounds like the MC traffic isn't sure where to go. I have seen this behavior before across different vendor platforms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back