Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

multi users in paradox

Status
Not open for further replies.

conniei

Programmer
Sep 6, 2006
US
I have a multi-user application in paradox, where I need users to be able to access the same record at the same time. However, due to paradox's locking mechanism this is not possible. Anyone have a solution?
CC

If the users are looking at the record, that's ok. If multiple users are trying to change the record, that's very very bad.

I vaguely remember something about turning off locking so that Paradox will only lock records that are being modified.

In a multi-usersystem only one user at the same time can modify (and locking) the record. The other users still can read the same record, but they see it as it was befóre modifying. Only after unlocking the record, the other users can also see the changing.

We are having the same problem
Or we have a new user to be added.
How is this done and where?

TIA

DougP, MCP, A+

First, what version of Paradox are we talking about here.

Versions 5 through 7* perform automatic record locking. Also, updates to the "viewed" record can be forced with [F9] Edit/EndEdit toggle, or by the person making edits moving to another record.

*Paradox was phased out here after this version.

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back