Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multi-User Access 2003 errors for (XP pro, office 2007, ie8) user

Status
Not open for further replies.

demosoc

Technical User
Jun 3, 2008
US
Hello,

I have a multi-user Access 2003 database with front and back end security that has been working just fine for everyone. One power user was recently upgraded to Office 2007, and there have been issues ever since. I believe everyone else is still running 2003.

This latest one happens when she runs a report (based on a query) that opens from the switchboard. When logged in as her from another computer, it works as it should. When logged in on her improved computer, she is prompted for a parameter (which turns out to be the "Order By" field in the Report's properties).

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you,
Aimee

I'm not sure what would be causing the error. Are you using the Order By property of a report? If so, I would change this to reference the sorting and grouping properties.

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back