Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

multi tech faxfinder

Status
Not open for further replies.

phonetech2012

Vendor
May 18, 2012
US
We have a multi tech fax finder connected to our ip office IP500 expansion unit with pri's coming in. When we send a fax to users the IP office is sending the hunt group extension over to the fax finder. I am pretty sure we need to send the DID of the user we are calling, not the hunt group extension. We have DTMFF set up and went by the application notes but all faxes are going to the admin account only. Any ideas of where to go?
Thanks

Start a ticket with Multitech, did you goto their support site?

Multitech has an IP Office tech note that describes one method of integration. It's not my favorite method, but it works fine (we send calls to FF via shortcode). You can also search this forum, as the issue has been addressed several times.

Create a user for each fax. Example: 123-456-7890 would go to Fax7890. Then, call forward user Fax7890 to the hunt group. This will get the faxfinder the proper digits to route the fax. You can also do it via shortcodes as mforrence has stated. I usually do it the user way as you then easily see all the fax users.

Multi tech support ended up referring me to the application notes, which I went by already. I will try the short code method and see how that works. Thanks.

did you make sure to set the ports to DTMFF? with the hunt group method the ports need to be changed. if using short codes you dont need to change the ports.

Kevin Wing
ACSS Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Communications
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Vive Communications

This is also virtual server edition, if that makes a difference.

we ran into some issues with this a while ago. i forget what the problem was but the short code method would not work on server edition and we had to use dummy users.

Kevin Wing
ACSS Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Communications
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Vive Communications

Your issue isn't in the IPO programming, it's in the Fax Finder. When you create a user within the Fax Finder, at the bottom of the user entry there's an option to create an Incoming Route for that user as well. I've done a few Fax Finders now and I've had this issue before.

Eli

We ended up putting in individual hunt groups for each fax user. So we have the fax users extension set up as the hunt group which has the fax ports in it, DID incoming call route destination is the fax users hunt group extension and it seems to be working. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back