Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multi-tabbed form_synchronize listbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 2, 2005
US
I am having major issues with the synchronizing of a listbox with a subform on one of the pages on a multi-tabbed form.

Is anyone able to offer insight as to the steps in linking listboxes to subforms on a multi-tabbed form?

The error message that I receive when I try to enter something into the "Link Child Fields" and "Link Master Fields" lines of the subform is "The expression you entered refers to an object that is closed or doesn't exist."

The multi-tabbed form is titled "frmTabbed."

The subform with the controls is titled "frmSub1."

The form that contains the listbox is titled "frmList."

I inserted "frmList" onto "frmSub1" and would like to synchronize the listbox with the controls on "frmSub1."

What am I missing?

Thanks sincerely for any insight.

Why are you using an expression? The name of the control on frmSub1 (Master) and on frmList (Child) should be sufficient.

Basically, I am trying to allow the end user to only see his/her accounts upon logging into the database.

Maybe, I have not set this up properly. My setup is as follows;

* Inserted subform on a page of the multi-tabbed form that is based on a query to allow the end-user to only see his/her accounts.

* Inserted another subform on the page of the multi-tabbed form and then added a listbox to this subform.

* The first subform and the listbox's record source is the same query - the query that will only allow the end user to see his/her accounts.

Not able to link the listbox to the controls on the first subform.

Any insight as to the preferred way to add and link subforms to listboxes on a multi-tabbed form?

Do I need the second subform that will contain the list box?

Where are you entering this expression that Access is complaining about? And what is it?

Any thought on the need to setup frmTabbed (the main form), the subform (that contain the various controls) and the listbox on the query that will actually restrict the end-users.

I will place the listbox directly on the page within the multi-tabbed form.

Thoughts? Comments?

I am failing to communicate. I tried this set-up before my first post and it works for me. Since then, I have asked questions in an attempt to discover why it does not work for you. I have not received a reply to these questions, so this thread does not seem to be going anywhere. It is quite possible that other readers are waiting for answers to these questions before making suggestions.

Remou said:
[blue]It is quite possible that other readers are waiting for answers to these questions before making suggestions.[/blue]
EXACTLY! . . .

I was waiting, but I also see [blue]LevelThought[/blue] has made four additional posts in a row. Including this thread makes five in a row (straight down the page).

I'm shocked at the [blue]total disreguard[/blue] you've received as well as the [blue]compounding advantage taken of the forum[/blue].

Take care [blue]Remou[/blue] I'm sure there's better posts worthy of what you have to offer . . .

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

Thank you Aceman, for this excellent advice. I will follow it.

Just saw this post and wanted to comment.

I think that LevelThought initially placed the List Box on a subform and then finally placed the listbox directly on the page within the multi-tabbed form.

Will either option work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back