Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multi system problem checklist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dausa67

Technical User
Oct 1, 2008
US
Bottom line: I have to come up with a demo or a presentation to describe current problems between multiple systems causing problems within my department.

Detailed need: I have three independant systems ( Order management system, warehouse system, inventory management system ) not related to one another. all independant, but purchased and then threaded together to make a huge mess.

I am looking for a starting point or check list I can sort of follow or mock if you will. I am not sure that I can create something from scratch out of my mind that will be professional and to the point.

does anyone have any suggestions?
help!!!!!

Clay

Well. You need to make clear to the audience that there are 3 separate purchased systems which are integrated. The degree of integration needs to be emphasized, including whether the interfaces are real-time or batch, whether data passing between systems is edited or validated, and, for key data entities (facts and dimensions) and attributes, which system is the system of record (master/slave).

-------------------------
The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody appreciates how difficult it was - Steven Wright

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back