Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

multi select pictureboxs, drag and drop onto one picturebox

Status
Not open for further replies.

wisey

IS-IT--Management
Jul 5, 2000
I am coding up a program that displays multiple pictureboxs and I want to be able to multi seclect them and drag and drop them onto a picturebox (that has an image of a recylce bin in it) and delete the selected images and pictureboxs from the form. I can do this for single pictureboxs, but not for mulitples I am having trouble working out how to read the array into the dragdrop event... any ideas???

Idea: I might create a user interface object with the multiple picture boxes on it. Now I would create code that handles the drag and drop as a whole for the control. When dropped I would bundle the information from the different picture boxes.

Truth be told this is all theory never tried it, but since no one has posted 'the solution' I figured it might help give/suggested to you an actual solution.

Lion Crest Software Services
Anthony L. Testi
President

Show your code. What you do next depends on what you are actually doing now. There are hundreds or thousands of ways you might do it, but it all depends on what is actually happening behind the scenes now. There is nothing you can turn on to manage it because it isn't the normal behavior of the picture box.

-I hate Microsoft!
-Forever and always forward.
-My kingdom for a edit button!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back