Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multi-select list box save sselections in temp table

Status
Not open for further replies.

drazeni

Programmer
Apr 21, 2001
ZA
I am developing a stock system and one of the forms contain a multi-select list box for picking the stock out of the warehouse. The end result is that the system creates a transaction with negative quatity value presenting the number of items to deduct from the stock for that specific selection.

The problem I have is that I am a newbie with list boxes and I am not sure how to go about sending the selected items in the list to a temporary table for processing into the main stock table.

Also, I am not sure if the list box is to reference the main stock table directly or a recordset or temp table with a snapshot of the main stock table.

Furthermore, when the specific item is selected in the list box, the user is to be prompted for the quantity at the same time (on click event) whether it be in the list box itself or via a popup prompt upon which the value entered will reflect in the list box after the entry is made.

Is there any solution that anyone can offer me?

Much appreciated. "All is not as it seems"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back