Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multi Pathed Internet Connection!

Status
Not open for further replies.

netechsys

IS-IT--Management
Oct 18, 2005
US
Hello there,

I have a PIX 515E fail over pair, and am trying to setup a multi-pathed internet connection with the following config:

FE0 - Outside - Static IP 160.1.1.X / 26 (1st 64 address block)
FE0.1 - Outside 2nd - Static IP 209.172.x.x/26 (1st 64 address block)
FE1 - Inside - Non Routable IP address 10.1.1.1 / 24
FE2 - Client - Non Routable IP Address 10.10.1.1 / 24
FE3 - Client - Non Routable IP address 10.20.1.1 / 24
FE4 - DMZ - Static IP address 160.1.1.x /26 (2nd 64 address block)
FE4.1 - DMZ 2 - Static IP Address 209.1.x.x/26 (2nd 64 address block)
FE5 - Failover
FE5.1 - Stateful Failover.

I am trying to use the 2nd internet connection for a dedicated clients connection. This is being provided by the same ISP, but is comming in building over a different path (1st connection is bonded Ts, the 2nd is a wireless connection). Is there a way to setup the routing on the PIX to allow all traffic for one set of interfaces to be routed over one connection while the other traffic is being routed over the other?

Thanks In Advance!

Heres the deal with having two ISPs connected off of 2 interfaces. As far as I know there is no way of doing policy based routing on the ASA. You can have a back up or redundant link defined. I would get rid of the second ASA interface and put both T1s on your external router. Let the Router do the PBR and set up the policy NAT for the different ISPs.

Free Firewall/Network/Systems Support-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back