Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multi Page Faxes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawks

IS-IT--Management
Oct 9, 2002
US
Having issues with faxes in and outbound using the analog ports off the digital gateway. Some single pages seem to go alright but no multi pages are completing. Any suggestions on any settings I should be looking at?
The wonderful world of IP and Faxes.
Thanks,

hi hawks - i'm paying attention to this thread, as i'd like to drop our fax line and simply use the fax machine as an analog station on the UCx. have you tried to putz with the baud rate settings on the fax machine ... perhaps setting a lower baud rate (14.4 or 9600) might yield better results? good luck!

fax machine settings
baud rate 9600 or 4800
disable ECM (error correction mode)

I'll try those settings and see what happens. But I have found that Virtual Fax is pretty nice to use. I only have one problem I can't figure out how to get to work the way I want it to.
I have multiple fax numbers coming in with different fax extensions and I send the notification to the same email address for distribution. In the notification it shows the Company and Number of the person that sent the fax but I cannot get it to show the fax number or extension called. If I could get that in the body of the email then the person that gets the original could send them to whoever is responsible for them that day. I can add test to the email template that the Virtual Fax uses and the text itself will show up but I have not been able to get the extension information to show. Hope this makes since. A couple of things I've tried so far is {NUMBER_CALLED_TO} and {DETINATION_NUMBER_TO} any ideas?

Hi Hawks
Have you been able to send multiple fax pages ?

Owner
Sideline Telephone Service Inc.
Canadian - Reseller

Not yet but I have not been to site yet to try the settings that were mentioned above.

Using Virtual fax I was able to do multiple pages if that's what you were asking.

i'm curious - does the UCx listen for fax tones while the main ring group is ringing? in other words, when people are in the office during the day and the phone is ringing, will they need to transfer the call to the fax extension if they hear tones, or will the UCx listen first and act appropriately? i know that on the avaya partner systems, the system would transfer the call to the fax machine only if it answered the call via the auto attendant. if you answered yourself and got fax tones, you'd have to transfer.

fax detect settings are in the inbound route configuration
if the fax number is dedicated then point the did to the fax analog port
if shared and detect fax is yes then the system will try detect voice or fax and route accordingly

The customer likes the virtual fax but I'm still trying to play with the body of the email template to show number called but I'm having no luck anyone have any suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back