Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multi page faxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawks

IS-IT--Management
Oct 9, 2002
US
Anyone know of any issues with sending out multiple page faxes? What I have is an MICS 6.1 with a PRI circuit and an ASM. Everything works perfect but for some reason if I try to send a fax that has more than 4 or 5 pages it looses it's connection. You can talk over the same span for as long as you want with no problem.

Sorry I forgot to mention it works on copper Trunks I only have the problem when I go out over the PRI.

Class I or II fax? Try reversing the tip/ring at the ASM, ensure two intercom paths..

Cheers
PhM

VVV

We reversed the T&R same result. I can't find any paperwork on the fax machine but the customer says that it is only about 5 months old. If I put it on the copper trunk it works perfect. Right now I have a call into Telco to see if they can shed some light on it.

Hawks,

Try another port on the ASM? Is there anything in the event logs for the PRI that might be a root cause? Guesses.

PhM

VVV

I've tried different ports and also an ATA same result. No error codes but it is definitely something to do with Data calls because I've hooked a RAD up and it will not connect to it either. I can put an Analog set on the ASM and talk all day no problem. But when I try to make any data connection (modem or fax) it doesn’t work. If anyone thinks of anything while I wait for the carrier to call back then let me know.
Thanks

Some FAX machine set ups will allow you to lock in a different baud rate. You might give that a try. I had one that would run fast, but not slow for some reason.

MarvO said it

I'll try that Monday i'll let you know what happens.

I have a MICS 7.0 XC (upgraded from 6.1), PRI and an ASM with four fax machines. All work without problems both before and after the upgrade.

Ok it looks like it is the cabinet. I took another cabinet to site, put their software in it and everything works perfect. I put their cabinet back on and the faxes don't go through. Thanks for all the help

Update after we checked it out that night I thought all was right with the world. Well I was wrong we did change out the cabinet and everything worked perfect. But last night we went out and did a restore with what he had programmed on the original and guess what it would not fax any more. So we did a start up and did just basic programming and it worked. So it has to be something that is programmed on the system but for the life of me I don't know what. I'll let you know if I find out anything else.

hawks, Ugh, doesn't sound like fun. I have heard of this before, but have not seen it myself. I will do some asking around from a site that I think had this kind of problem. Think it was one of those little details that get most of us eventually.

MarvO said it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back